As you may know from my About the site page, I started this blog because I want to generate discussions about real issues and recurring themes in the dance world.
I’ve gotten some great reader feedback in the last few weeks, and I’m excited to take our discussions to the next level – through real-time weekly Twitter chats. If you have never participated in a Twitter chat before, here’s how it works:
1. Everyone who would like to participate signs onto Twitter at the same time.
Our second chat will be at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST, etc.) this Thursday, January 19th. The chat will last one hour.
2. A moderator (me) will choose a topic for each week’s chat. That person will pose questions related to that topic throughout the course of the hour, and will Re-Tweet relevant responses.
My Twitter handle is @Ascho3, just like my blog address. Be sure to follow me so you can get all of the updates from the chat.
3. All participants in the chat will include the same hashtag (#) in each post, so all of the posts will be organized chronologically under that hashtag.
Our hashtag will be #DanceChat.
This week’s topic will be dance in the media. We will discuss dance shows, dance movies, and other instances of popular dance. I’d like to hear perspectives from choreographers, dancers and viewers, so please encourage all of your friends to participate!
I really need your help spreading the word; the more people that participate, the more we can all learn! Please use the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post, and be sure to include the following details:
1. This chat is this Thursday, Jan. 19 at 8 PM EST (7 CST)
3. Moderated by @Ascho3
4. This chat is for EVERYONE.
So, your post may look something like this:
Hey friends! Join me, @Ascho3 and other cool cats in an awesome #DanceChat this Thursday at 8 PM EST (7 CST). Check out https://ascho3.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/this-weeks-dancechat-jan-19th/ to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your help! I can’t wait to talk to all of you this Thursday!